The client is one of the world’s leading development banks and thus responsible for financially securing the realization of public contracts. Around 5,000 employees manage total assets of around half a trillion euros.
Implementation of purchasing reporting with SAP BI supported by agile project methodology
The initial situation
- The central purchasing department and the customer’s internal IT department were looking for a new implementation partner for a failed purchasing controlling project.
- The failure was caused by technical problems (poor performance of the reporting frontend) and poor data quality.
- Evaluation of different frontends and recommendation of a frontend strategy
- Agile, risk-oriented project approach with the goal of being able to deliver and validate results at an early stage
- Deployment of a small cross-functional team with deep purchasing process knowledge
- The requirements critical to success were identified and implemented at an early stage
- Unnecessary developments as well as undesirable developments were minimized by regular assessment and feedback rounds with the department
- Educate client teams on benefits, challenges as well as best practices of an agile project methodology.
- Successful project completion in close cooperation with internal IT and the business despite high complexity and time pressure