The client is one of the world’s leading reinsurance companies and is based in Germany. The Company’s shares are listed on all German stock exchanges and in electronic Xetra trading. Of the more than 40,000 Group employees, around 12,000 work in reinsurance.
Implementation of SAP BO - 20% under budget through agile project methodology
The initial situation
- A global data warehouse that has grown over ten years with a large number of redundant and unused queries
- Lack of overview of global reporting processes in ten field offices
- An outdated front end (SAP BEx 3.5) whose maintenance is expiring and thus the need to introduce a new front end
- Analysis of existing frontend options and decision for SAP BO Analysis Office as standard reporting frontend for the business unit
- First-time use of an agile project methodology in the company to implement the large scope on time with a relatively small team
- Reduction of standard reports to be maintained by 40% from 300 to 180
- Complete documentation of all reporting processes in the form of use cases and the reports used for them
- Implementation of a stable SAP BO landscape and migration of all standard reports to SAP BO Analysis Office as well as training of approx. 2000 users
- Achievement of all project goals à thus successful validation of the agile methodology
With our agile project methodology for the introduction of standard software, SAP BO was not only implemented safely on time but also 20% under budget. [Hajo Werner, Manager Business Intelligence, entero AG].