Easa Saleh Al Gurg Group L.L.C. (ESAG), a conglomerate consisting of 28 companies, was founded in the United Arab Emirates in 1960. The main sectors in which ESAG operates internationally and is a leader in the UAE are retail, construction, industrial sector and joint ventures. The product portfolio includes global brands such as Osram, Dunlop and United Colors of Benetton. Joint ventures exist with Siemens, Unilever and Fosroc, among others.
Easa Saleh Al Gurg Group
Migration to SAP Business Suite on SAP HANA
The initial situation
- The SAP Business Suite in use no longer met current – and increasingly rapidly changing – business requirements.
- The latest in-memory technologies from SAP were to be used to optimize business processes in the given SAP landscape.
- In April 2015, migration to the SAP HANA platform – as a basis also for further planned business improvement measures
- SAP HANA has improved data management and simplified workflows.
- Real-time analytics accelerate planning cycles, production and distribution processes, and financial transactions. The Group can now react agilely to changing market conditions.
- The basis for new, improved processes in corporate planning and budgeting was laid.
- Easa Saleh Al Gurg realized the first HANA group migration in the Middle East.
SAP HANA’s innovative in-memory technology enables us to analyze mass data, gain real-time insight into relevant information, and thus make faster business decisions. [Abdulla Al Gurg, Group General Manager, ESAG].